niedziela, 13 października 2019

BLW #1 - what we're dealing with

Ciao, 


This week I'd like to talk with you about something that I consider very interesting and something that every parent should hear or even learn about, because it can really make your life as a parent easier. 

So what is that? - It is something called BLW. 
Well, according to wikipedia BLW, known also as Baby-led weaning (translated in Polish as Bobas lubi wybór) is "a method of adding complementary foods to a baby's diet of breastmilk or formula". 
In other words - it's a choice that we as parents give to our babies - they decide what and when they want to eat. Okey, that's quite simple, but why do we do this? Isn't that more difficult than just giving a mixed food to our children whenever we want? It might seems so, but actually, when we consider long term benefits, it's better to give the choice to our babies. 
You might ask why? Not only we eat the same things that our baby eats, we don't have to cook two separate meals, but also we prevent our children from becoming fussy eaters.  Also we avoid stress that is related to feeding babies, they don't wanna eat, we get angry, they don't understand why they have to eat when they are simply no hungry etc. Furthermore, it has many intellectual benefits, that I'd like to talk about later. 

For today it's all, but I will definitely come back to this topic. In the following posts I'm going to tell you something more about BLW, about pros and cons of it and other curiosity about it.
Baci, Oliwia 

All my knowledge I possess thanks to Angelika Talaga, know as Godmother - I leave you a link to her podcast about BLW here. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Being the youngest

Hello, I'd like to tell something you about my family.